On This Page
Next Stage is committed to implementing a child centred approach in all aspects of every day working with our young people. Our ethos is to provide care that is focussed on the individual needs of each Young Person. This takes place within the legislative framework of the Young Person’s care plan and the revised Regulations and Quality Standards for Children’s homes.
The overall aim of ‘Next Stage’ is to work in partnership with the Young People, families and other professionals to offer a warm and safe environment, which will help to:
- Address the difficulties that led to the young person being accommodated.
- Where possible support a return home or maintain links with family members.
- Where a return home is not possible, support the move to other alternative independent accommodation within the community. We are in a position to link up with our companies Next Stage A Way Forward, Next Stage for Fostering and Next Stage Youth Development who specialise in supporting vulnerable young people in the community.
- Ensure that young people are helped to develop the necessary skills and knowledge in order to prepare them for independent living, as well as develop appropriate Pathway Plans alongside the appropriate Leaving Care Team.
- Enable young peoples to access services from other agencies in order to promote their Health and Education. The young people will be supported to access local health provisions within the area. Next stage is passionate about the education provisions for young people and endeavour to seek out the correct education provision that will best suit the young person.
- Ensure young people are involved and consulted in decisions about their lives and the development of services.
- Ensure that services meet racial, religious and cultural needs of young people within the company’s policies.
Our Young People
We offer young people a package of care that is custom built for them. We provide 24/7 support to young people aged 8-18 with emotional, behavioural, challenging and complex needs. We make every effort to consider specific levels of support are in place to accommodate all aspects of their day to day life, including contact, education and activities.
We strive to ensure that our young people are placed in the best matched home, taking into consideration the risks within the area, current residents, the staff team, the local amenities, etc. We can provide solo, dual and 3-4 bed placements, which can be flexible depending on the stability and progress of the young person.
Our staff teams have access to an annual training schedule which offers mandatory training and specific training that enables them to work effectively with current young people in their care.
We offer a blended learning approach to ensure that all staff start off with the same basic knowledge which is built on throughout their employment. In addition to the online pre-learning courses, complete upon induction, we currently offer up to 36 training days to ensure all staff have an opportunity to attend our various courses.
We offer therapeutic Intervention through our contracted Therapist Becky Bowen who is a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist. The evidence based therapeutic model used within each home is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. This is the underpinning model for all staff training, staff management, supervision, support and guidance.
If requested, a young person that resides within the home is assessed either prior to their admission or shortly afterward. An individualised therapeutic care plan is developed which will describe the most therapeutically appropriate approach required to ensure their psychological wellbeing.
There are many treatment models that can be delivered to include CBT (cognitive Behavioural Therapy) EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing) DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) MCT (metacognitive Therapy) Attachment Based Family Therapy, CAT (Cognitive Analytic Therapy) Play Therapy, Psychoanalytic Therapy, Schema Therapy, Trauma Focused Therapy, Multi Systemic Therapy and TA (Transactional Analysis).
If you wish to make a referral please contact:
Rick Guy (Responsible Individual/ Director)
If you wish to be part of our team please have a look at our vacancies.